David Adedeji Adeleke, better known as Davido, yesterday disclosed that his third studio album had surpassed 213.2 million streams across all platforms this past month.
This disclosure was made public by the Nigerian Afrobeats/ popstar in a post that was made to his official Twitter handle, that read:
— Davido (@davido) December 13, 2020
Released on the 13th of November 2020, the LP has attracted over 213.2 million streams, exactly a month after the project was released.
The album titled, A Better Time (ABT), is an eleven-track body of work and pulls together a blend of sounds from all corners of Africa, and across the waters in the USA. However, the diversity of the project led to its global acceptance by Hip-hop fans and lovers of good music across the world.
The breakdown of the streams revealed that 44.8% of the 213.2 million streams across all platforms came from Audio Mack.
According to the post he shared, the album had received;
- 7 Million Streams Off Apple Music
- 5 Million Streams Off Spotify
- 7 Million Streams Off Boomplay,
- 5 Million Streams Off Audio Mack
- 8 Million Streams Off YouTube Music.
What you should know
- It is important to note that the album, prior to this publication had shattered major records. Recall that the artiste on November 16th, 2020, three days after he released the album, disclosed that the album had surpassed a cumulative stream of 100 million, thus making it the fastest project by an Afrobeats singer to hit such a mark.
- However, some of the tracks off the album have been performing well, including the video of his lead single ‘FEM’, which was released in September and gotten over 15 million views on YouTube.
- In the same vein, his latest music video, ‘Jowo’,which has a cameo appearance by ‘Big Brother Naija ex-housemate, Rebecca Nengi Hampson currently has over 3.7 million views.
Upon first week of release, ‘ABT’ made it to two Billboard charts simultaneously; debuting at number 4 on the Billboard World Album chart.
In case you haven’t checked out the album, start with this track right here;